Welcome to our new Instron Community Blog hosted by Instron. It is a compilation of the freshest, brightest, most-talented minds that Instron has to offer. The world of materials science is so vast and encompasses the broadest range of industries, materials, and challenges that no one person can possibly possess all the knowledge required to be the resident expert – or master of materials science. It takes a small army behind the scenes collaborating and sharing technical know-how, experiences, and ideas to present the most accurate, relevant, and timely information to you – our readers.

We invite you to tell us who you are, share your stories and talk about your experiences. Join the Instron Community.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Uniting in the Community

We believe, as an organization, it is imperative to be involved in the communities in which we live. Never seeing it as a “job” or “responsibility”, our colleagues have willingly and happily participated in The United Way of Tri-County for the past three years.


We are humbly pleased to announce the three awards presented to our Community Connection Committee (C3 Committee) at this year’s United Way breakfast:

2010 Corporate Volunteerism Award for Existing Companies: Continuing to show a commitment to volunteerism over the last 3 years by participating in at least three United Way of Tri-County volunteer opportunities that have significantly impacted the community

2010 Most Improved Business Campaign Award: An outstanding increase in employee giving & participation

2010 Campaign Coordinator Award: Outstanding performance in aiding workplace participation, community involvement, and partnerships

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The experience with C3 and United Way gave me a meaning that I lost a few years back. I lost my mother who was my mentor at the time and by losing her I lost everything else – the motivation to go on and why I push myself. I'd been like that for a couple of years until I got asked to be on the C3 team.
I didn't know what it was and what was involved until I became a leader. It truly got some meaning from going out and doing things for unfortunate people. I got my energy and meaning back in my life and being around a bunch of people who have positive energy helps too.
The other half of that is that there are a lot of people involved who helped me get direction - my managers, my best friends and my co-workers. Although we were helping the community it was helping me to give back to the community.